Updated June 15, 2016
To help us maintain the resources needed to create the quality content you deserve, we accept advertisements on our website. We greatly value transparency and hope that this policy leaves you feeling even more confident about the content and service we provide.
Site accepts advertising on all of its sites but maintains a strict and clear separation between advertising and editorial content. Please see our Advertising Policy for full details on how advertisements and sponsored content are distinguished on our pages and the guidelines to which they must adhere.
Special attention is paid to featuring advertising in a way that will not interfere with your reading experience. This relates to both page design and the number of ads we choose to feature on a page.
Site maintains a distinct separation between advertising and editorial content.
· All advertising or sponsored content on Site is clearly and unambiguously distinguished from editorial content through borders or other distinguishing elements and/or identified as an "Ad," "Advertisement," "Sponsored" or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
· All ads on Site are labeled as an "Ad," "Advertisement," "Sponsored" or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
· All "native" ads or paid content are identified as an "Ad," "Advertisement," "Sponsored" or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
· Editorial content on the Site sites is not influenced by advertisements unless the content is sponsored content, in which case, the content will be clearly demarcated and identified with the title "Ad," "Advertisement," or "Sponsored", or a similar designation, indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
· All advertisements and sponsored content appearing on Site are subject to the Guidelines found here.
Updated April 26, 2021
UNDERSTANDING HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ON Site
Information You May Choose to Provide to Us
We may collect information, including personal data, directly from you if you choose to provide that information. For example, you may provide us with your name and contact information (such as an email address), date of birth, or other details of that nature, when you sign up for our newsletters or participate in promotions or surveys on the Site.
You also may choose to provide personal data about yourself when you participate in forums or discussions on the Site. Please be aware that information you post in these forums may be viewed or captured by anyone who visits the Site, therefore you should avoid posting sensitive personal data that you would not want to be available to the public.
Information That Is Automatically Collected When You Visit Site
When you access the Site, we and our third-party partners may automatically collect certain information about your visit using tools such as cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies. The information collected automatically when you visit the Site may include your IP address, characteristics of your operating system, information about your browser and system settings, data about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, unique device identifiers, clickstream data (which shows the page-by-page path you take as you browse the Site). We or our third-party partners may combine information that each of us collects automatically with other information about you, including information you choose to provide.
To manage our automatic data collection, we may place tags (often referred to as “web beacons”) on pages on the Site or in emails we send to you. Web beacons are small files that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies, and they may be used for a variety of purposes, such as counting the number of visitors to the Site, analyzing how users navigate around the Site, assessing how many emails that we send are actually opened and which articles or links are viewed by visitors.
We also use third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on the Site, to provide us with statistics and other information about visitors to the Site.
“Do Not Track” Signals. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “do not track” signal to websites and online services you visit. At this time there is no consensus among industry participants as to the meaning of “do not track” in this context. Like many other websites, Site is not configured to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers. Click here to learn more about "do not track" signals.
Finally, companies that provide certain third-party apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins that may appear on the Site (for example, Facebook “Like” buttons), also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information collection is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those providers.
HOW WE MAY USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information gathered on Site for various purposes, including the purposes listed below. For example, if you were to contact us with a question and provide your email address, we would use the email address you provided to respond to your inquiry. In addition, we use information we collect from you and through the Site to:
· Provide products and services you request (such as when you sign up to receive our email newsletters);
· Respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support;
· Offer you products and services via marketing communications, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you;
· To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties;
· Communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, and other offers or promotions;
· Carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include developing new features for the Site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications);
· Perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, trend analysis, and financial analysis);
· Guard against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
· Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies.
HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers may have access to information we collect through the Site to carry out work on our behalf. Those parties are subject to confidentiality obligations and are restricted from using personal data collected through the Site for purposes other than to provide the requested assistance. In addition, we may share information:
· With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
· With third parties for marketing purposes, including social media networks, data management platforms, and other advertising technology providers; for example, we may match your email address with third parties with whom you have also consented to share your email address and use such match to deliver custom offers or emails to you on the Sites and elsewhere online;
· If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
· In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, including to meet national security requirements;
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
· With respect to analytics and statistical information, to inform advertisers about the nature of our user base;
· In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation). In such an event, we will seek to provide you with commercially reasonable notice, e.g., via email and/or notice on our website, of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information; and
· With your consent or at your discretion.